TIMBERSPORTS® Nordic Cup begins – qualification for European competitions at stake
On May 26-28, TIMBERSPORTS® Nordic Cup 2023 kicks off in Falun, Sweden, as the outdoor fair Dala Game Fair hosts the first leg. The Nordic Cup is divided into four events that span the entire Nordic TIMBERSPORTS® season, from May 26-28 to September 23-24. This weekend, Nordic athletes in all competition classes - Pro, Rookie, Intermediate, and Women - will gather. For the Pro and Rookie athletes, spots for the international European Nations Cup are also up for grabs.
The first leg of the Nordic Cup marks the start of the new and highly anticipated season of the extreme sport. Athletes from Sweden, Norway, and Denmark compete in their respective classes and accumulate points through the events. The athletes compete individually in three, four, or six disciplines, depending on the competition class and format, and when the fourth leg is concluded, a winner will be crowned in each competition class. The spots for the European Nations Cup for Pro and Rookie athletes will be determined during the third leg. Swedish athlete Emil Hansson had a successful season in 2022 and has no plans to slow down this year.
– I always aim high, and we'll see where I end up. The preseason has gone according to plan, and I've recovered well from last year's long season. Of course, I want to have a good season this year as well and place as high as possible throughout the Nordic Cup. The goal is to win, and that applies to the entire season, says Emil Hansson.
Danish rookie athlete Bo Andersen made his debut in 2022 and won a silver medal at last year's Nordic Cup.
– I've trained a lot for the season, and I'm looking forward to both international and Nordic competitions. I've also realized that I have many good competitors, both in Denmark and in the Nordic countries. I've trained a lot with my compatriot Esben Pedersen, and he's really sharp, but we motivate and push each other. Regarding the Nordic Cup, I aim to break several of my personal records and finish on the podium in my competition class, says Bo Andersen.
Packed competition season
After the Dala Game Fair in Falun, the second leg of Nordic Cup awaits in Malung in July. The third leg is organized in Orsa, the hometown of the Swedish national team, and the final leg of the competition takes place in Svenljunga at the end of September. The season includes highlights in the form of both Nordic and international competitions. For example, Swedish pro athletes Ferry Svan and Emil Hansson, along with Rookie athlete Edvin Karlsson, will travel to Rotterdam on June 9-10. Ferry and Emil will participate in the World Trophy competition, while Edvin represents Sweden in the Rookie World Championship. Additionally, on August 11-12, the elite of the Nordic countries will gather in Elverum for the Nordic Championship 2023, and on the weekend of November 3-4, the TIMBERSPORTS® World Championships will take place in Stuttgart.
The schedule for Nordic Cup 2023:
- The first leg of the Nordic Cup will be held in Falun on May 26-28.
- The Nordic Cup continues with the second leg in Malung on July 21-22.
- The third leg of the Nordic Cup takes place in Orsa on August 5-6.
- The fourth and final leg of the Nordic Cup takes place in Svenljunga on September 23-24.
The entire TIMBERSPORTS® competition schedule is available here.
More news from TIMBERSPORTS® is available here.